Women's Process Group
Small process group for women in early recovery looking for after-care following residential or intensive outpatient program. This group focuses on sobriety maintenance and mindfulness-based relapse prevention.
The group agenda is as follows:
- Gaining specific and practical tools in developing techniques for maintenance of sobriety.
- Developing a better understanding of how to identify and effectively deal with triggers and cravings, negative emotional states, interpersonal conflict and social pressure.
- Learning how to anticipate stressors and cope appropriately and positively in order to reduce the likelihood for relapse.
- Learning to practice mindfulness in daily life and high-risk situations.
- Learning how to implement self-care and life-style balance.
- Developing coping skills that include both cognitive and behavioral techniques.